Monday, August 4, 2014

Alice in Museum: Nao x VOCALOID

 So, let me just remind you again, I am Nao biased, and for me, this was the main event I wanted to see. I apologise if I go off talking about something that isn't entirely related the the event, but it will be related to Nao.

Okay, on with it then.

I was not prepared at all for this. I brought my heels, incase I ended up far away and I couldn't see, but with my number, (as you can see) I got pretty damn close. Which means I couldn't hear for a good couple of hours. It also means Nao isn't the most popular member in the group, but I am okay with this. Out of all the events, Nao's event had a nice comfortable group of fans. It was big enough that he wasn't talking to all of us, but small enough that most people could see.

So, we lined up at 12, and were let in my small groups. Again, not many people showed up, witch is good for Nao fans, and a little sad I guess for Nao.
I was able to stand behind to girls who were right in front of his bass drum.
How it  was set up was that Nao's drum set was in the middle of the room. So no one sitting, and Nao was going to be in the middle of us. I don't know how many people were there, I would say possibly 50-60 fans were there for Nao. But I feel like I'm being generous hehe
There was the same guy who introduced the members and also informed us on what will be happen during the event. Many times, he warned us that it will get loud, and that we should step back a little. I was like, "Meh, whatever, I can't hear anyways." hahaha mistake

So, it started late.
It wouldn't be a Nao event if it started on time, so we were all aware of this.
He was announced, and he came out wearing the costume you all saw yesterday. He was coplaying a Vocaloid character, that I don't know because I don't pay attention to Volcaloid characters. I know Gackt has one, but that is it. Nao's costume was XL and it still pretty small, and Nao looks super skinny already. So, to me I'm surprised.

So, he came out, got up on a small platform and scream hello to everyone.
"KONNICHWA!" And we all clapped and cheered for him, saying hello back. He picked up the mic and introduced himself and the event. Started talking about what he was going to do, was two covers for vocaloid songs, and a couple of Alice Nine songs.

Vocaloid Song cover (Sorry, I didn't catch the name)
GEMINI FULL VERSION
開戦前夜
Thousand Cherry Blossoms by Hatsune Miku (Nao's version, as he said it himself xD)

So, after explaining what was going to happen, Nao put the mic down, and put his ear pieces in. Buuuuut, there was a problem, and sadly the staff had to help him fix it.
He was like, "what?" and so the staff had to get him a different chord for something to connect with the computers. While he was waiting for that, he picked up the mic again, and said, "Question time!" Shoved the mic into a girls face, and said, "GO!"

Poor girl was taken back and left shaking her head no, that she didn't want to. But he was pretty persistent.
"What's your name?" He asked, and she said her name, and finally made up a question about his drum set. He was happy about it, and went on explaining.

"This is my maple drum set, and it is the first one I got a while ago. The drums are made of maple." He went on explaining the technical parts of it.
"This one is older, and my other drum set is else where. But next year, I'm thinking of getting a new drum set." We all went "Eeee?" in shock, and he started laughing, and nodded his head. "I'm still thinking about it though."

The staff came back and he was able to start drumming.
Before he did, he looked at the girls in front of me and pointed out the big cymbals, and told us "these are loud, so please be careful." They, and myself, nodded our heads in agreement and he went on.

He was so cool. I was in heaven. I couldn't believe I was standing so close and watching him drum. I didn't know what to do with myself. I stood as still as I could, but after seeing a few fans moving their heads to the music, so did I.
Just the way he was drumming, and how much he was concentrating made him look so much cooler. Even with the fact he was cosplaying as a character, he was so cool. There was one male fan there too, and he was also just as excited and impressed with Nao.

As cute and happy looking, Nao be in PVs and photo shoots, and every where else, he is just so amazing. The concentration, and the way he moved. So fluid and well rehearsed. I want to say he really knows the ins and outs of his drum set, and his style. He knows what he's doing. Which makes him even more professional. But I was looking at his face, because I'm creepy, and he did look angry. But I do that too when I'm concentrating on something, or trying to focus on listening to someone. It's not that I'm mad, I'm just focused on what is happening. And for me, I understood what he meant by that, when he told us. "I may look angry when I'm drumming, but I'm not mad." It's hard to explain or even reassure people when I tell them that, but yeah. I get it. It's just how our face muscles react and tense up.

So, Gemini.
Dear god, I love this man. I want to hug him, he made my day. The full three songs of GEMINI!!!
You have no idea how much I wanted to hear it live, and when it was shortened at the All Girl's Live, I felt like it was them just cheating.
And I think Nao was also trying to make a point. Because at the All Girls Live, Shou asked Nao, "Do you remember this song?" (Like can you play it?) and Nao did look a little insulted that Shou asked that, because he nodded his head and said "yeah!" (like of course I do!)

So, this was him proving it, and he proved it well. He not only played it, he sang Shou's high solo part too. Again, this man is just love and awesomeness in one cute Japanese man package. We were all impressed, but he didn't stop. After Gemini he went straight into Kaisen Zenya, and rocked that out too. We were all bobbing our heads and just watching him sweat and pound on the drums and rock out.
This is one of the many things I love about this man. He is so cool, and I just died watching him play. I can't say too much, or I'll get into trouble with other Nao fans hahaha ^.~
But yes, we were all cheering and applauding his skills and that fact he went non stop on these 4 songs.

"It's hot!" and he started wiping his face with his hand towel and he was panting and tired. But he did go. You go man! You did good!
Then it was time for questions.
"Any one have questions?" One girl rose her hand and screamed yes.
"Yes? Okay, You!"

"What's your favourite food?" We all started laughing, and Nao started laughing too. Like out of all the questions, it's almost like the colour question xD

"I like eating vegetables, and I went on a vegetable diet, recently." We all went "eeeeeh?" and he nodded his head and laughed.

There were a few fans that asked about his drum sets and his style of drumming, so he was excited about this questions. The one male fan wanted to ask a question, and he tried getting Nao's attention, but Nao didn't hear him. I felt a little sad for him. Because, being the only red headed white girl there, I could have easily grabbed Nao's attention, because he did glance at me, probably wondering if I was going to ask a question. I don't know xD But he did his best to look around for more people with questions.
He did explain why he has his drums set up in a certain way, why it goes from his snare, then small to big. He does that because it's easy for him to move quickly and not have to memorise where his drums are, when it's a straight swift move.
He also covered tapping on his snare drum, along with beats and other drum related styles of drumming. (Sorry, I didn't catch all of this)

After questions, the lights went down, and the Birthday song started playing. A staff member came out holding a cake, and Nao was like, "What? What's going on?"
Looking over seeing the staff member, he started giggling. And we all sang happy birthday to Nao. The candles weren't lit.
"I'm going to eat this backstage by myself!" Everyone started laughing, and cheering. It was a chocolate cake, if you haven't seen the photo of it.

After the Birthday song he did the last song which was Hatsune Miku's Thousand cherry blossoms song, and he commented that he worked hard on this song, turning it into Nao's version.
After he played the last song, he was over his time and needed to end the event, so we can all get ready for Saga's event.
Nao got up on his stool and screamed into the mic, "Thank You!" but he lost his footing, he fell backwards off his seat and landing butt first on the ground, and everyone started screaming, and I couldn't stop laughing. He looked around as everyone was asking him if he was okay, and he grabbed his ankle, and screamed.

"IT HURTS! IT HURTS!"We knew he was okay because he was also laughing, but he looked as shocked as we all did. He definitely looked surprised, and had this look of, "What just happened?", on his face He got himself up from the ground, he walked and got himself up on a solid non-movable stand, and screamed thank you once more.

"ARIGATOUGOZAIMASU!"

We clapped and cheered as he waved at us, and we all waved back. Watching him walk backstage, and we made sure he was okay.

The poor guy, he did a great show though, and he was seriously the high-light of the day.
My love for Nao has been restored for many reasons, and I'll explain why in my report for the Cho Alice9 Channel.
But, Nao just made me so happy. As soon as he walked in, my fears and nerves were gone, and I was so excited to see him.


So, after Nao's event, most fans ran up to the Museum. I got a spot near his side of the large poster, and waited for him. It was a good while, (because I suck at keeping time) before he got up to the museum. 
He walked in, and I was just speechless. I didn't know what to do, I wanted to say his name, but I was just so excited to see him again. A girl called out to him, and waved, and he waved back. I took this chance to wave, and he looked up and saw me and waved back.  *cue the fangirl squeals*

He walked around, and took notice all the displays and event went up to the music racks, and surprised a few fans there. I didn't see it, but I can guess he took a pair of headphones and pretended to rock out the songs.

His last stop was the poster. He went up and was handed a pen. Both staff of Alice Nine and Tower Records wanted to getting pics for their twitter feed. 
However, Nao took a long time figuring out where to put his signature, and started moving his body up and down for a couple of long seconds and just humming out. 

"Uggggggghhhh, here?" The staff was like, anywhere is fine. So he signed on the black, so you can't see it. xD
And then the staff told him he had to date it. 
"It's 2014,....it's the 3rd, right?" 
Staff: "Yeah,"

"And it's August, right?" Nao, you must have a phone or something. He was just being funny. And after each signing, his scarf would fall, and he would dramatically, flip his scarf back, like he was important and what not. It was funny the way he flipped it back, because it was thin and floated back more than flipped. 

He got in front of his face, and posed twice. After the photos were done being taken, he told us to enjoy the museum. More like screamed it. We all cheered and clapped at this, and he started walking out. And that was it. 

I hope he has another event, just him and his fans. I'll be there in a heart beat. 

my next report will be on, Saga-Sensei. 

-Nihongochick2


No comments:

Post a Comment