Saturday, November 8, 2014

Year of the Sheep

Hey guys!

It's that time of year again.
Time for hot drinks from vending machines, and Oden and bringing out the Kotatsu table from the loft/storage area. Yeah, it's getting colder, but it's also getting close to the end of 2014, and ringing in the new year of 2015.
Which, for those whom do not take note of, will be the year of the Sheep.

Here in Japan, and I am pretty sure all over Asia, sell anything and everything that has the new year's Zodiac animal on it. From Hello Kitty to a simple drawing of a sheep, you can find all that you are looking for. Post cards, plush toys, and calendars.

Why am I talking about this. Well one, I like animals and stuffed toys, and two I enjoy learning Chinese Zodiac. Have always been interested in the West and Eastern zodiacs calendars.
And for me, I was born the year of the Metal Sheep. So, I think it would be great to celebrate the year with great hope that things will work out for me.

I have no idea what my goals or hopes are, but I know I'll figure them out before New Years.
This year was much better than last, but it has also been slowly falling apart in front of me.
The loss of many items from my grasp, and that just not getting what I wanted. Like someone really doesn't want me to have it all. I don't know. I personally just feel like this Fall and Winter have been crap for me.

So, I just pray for good things to come my way, and pray my mom is watching over me.
I don't really do anything to hurt anyone, and I am a big believer of karma. If you take action for the good of others and yourself, then life shall be good and reward you.

Also a lesson I have learned this semester. Don't do anything that you know that you do not like. This also includes internships. I tried to apply for a internship, but was rejected and to please my Dad, took on a internship that I knew I wouldn't like. It's like applying for a Job you know you'll hate, but you know you have to eat? I kick myself for giving up on an internship, and focus on my studies.
I am now down to my internship and one class. Which for me, is pathetic, and not what I do. So, next semester, I will not be doing an internship, and focusing on graduating. This is what I want, and though my Dad wants me to get a good paying job, he's not the one going to school, and going off to work.

Kids! Please take my advice to heart.
Do not, for anyone, anything you know you will have any drive for. Don't take an internship, if you do not have an desire for it. Do not study a field that you have no interest in. Do not do anything, else you deeply passionately want to do it. If something fills you up with joy and fire, and it's something you will cross oceans and move mountains for, then by all means, do it!

For years, I have tried living my life for me, and my parents. And as much as I tried making it balanced, to make everyone happy, it still blew up in my face. You'll never win, if you try to give the other team one point. It's not exactly how it works, and I wish I knew this before I moved here. Before I made the choices I did. I tried so hard to please everyone, and make everyone happy. And in the end, I am the one who has to live the life someone picked for me, the price of my decisions. And no, I'm not happy. And it kills me that is where I am.

Find your Zodiac animal, get a push toy of that animal, and keep it close. Treat that animal, like you would treat yourself, and make sure it's happy. Because that animal is you.
Love your family and friends, but don't let them push you in ways that make you unhappy. That's my weakness. I can't say no to family or friends.

Well, that's it for today. I'll see you guys around.
じゃ、待ってね。

-Nihongochick2

No comments:

Post a Comment