Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Alice Nine Halloween Live: 2013-10-19

Okay, as promised, I am writing a report on Alice Nine's Halloween Live.  Not meaning to sound rude or harsh, but if I'm sharing my things, I expect people to respect me and my stuff. I'm trying to do something nice, please be nice back. So, I ask that if you are going to re-post this live report, PLEASE CREDIT ME!!! Okay, now that that is out of the way, let's start with the live report. So my day started early, around 6-ish. Got up, did my hair and make up, and went to my Japanese Art history class field trip.(School first, play later) A little after 12, I got on a train(5 min ride away from Shibuya, where the live was taking place). A lot of things worked in my favor today. Met up with Ashleigh and another friend, Chi-yow, and walked over to the live venue. We got there a little late, since there was a good long line already forming.

  Shibuya theater

There were only 4 items made for this live, but we soon found out that they were still selling old goods from previous lives. So, god damn, that ruins your "Goods" list. Well, I stuck to mine, and got three Halloween goods and two Anniversary packs.

  IMG_1346
IMG_1348

IMG_1361

IMG_1340

IMG_1350

The mug was the "trading" item. You bought mugs to try and get the tiny sticker that was inside. So, some girls walked away with three or four mugs. I only got two, one for me, and one for Alison as a late B-day gift. I was lucky to get Tsuyoshi in my mug. So, I didn't need to trade, but girls, and maybe a few guys, were walking around trying to trade stickers. It wasn't as crazy as the anniversary live, but it was fun. (Ashleigh was Alice in wonderland, and Alison wore a gothic outfit to fit with the Halloween theme) Okay, now that we bought goods, waited for more friends to show up. We stood in the windy cold, and decided to eat dinner. While we were doing that, I was talking to a friend and what the set list would be like. I told her it's a Halloween live, it should have dark and heavy songs. For example; Yami ni chiru sakura, or scarlet, or G3 and so on. She agreed, and was getting excited from my thoughts and us looking through Alice Nine's whole discography. We got back to the theater, and more people showed up in costume. I didn't dress up because I've been too busy to worry about a costume, but I did my best to have Halloween themed items.

  IMG_1363

 The live started after 7:30(that is common. Alice Nine is never on time)

The lights dimmed, and some background music started playing. The curtains opened up, revealing the stage and all the instruments on display. Fans started clapping and cheering for the members to come out. First was Nao, and his costume was made of random stuff from a Halloween store. He had back and orange cat ears, and a black tale. He wore a plaid skirt(?) with knee high shorts, along with purple and black striped tights. He was very cute, since he was also waving around a light up pumpkin wand, and wearing his very popular pumpkin glasses. His costume screamed, "Nao-shi!".

 Then Saga came out, everyone cheered, and I'll be honest, I didn't even see who it was, until he went to take his place near the bass. Then I realized, "Saga". He wore the classic Joker outfit, but he called himself, "Bakatono". Tora came out next, and all I could see was his right side of the face, which was skeleton make up. If you have ever seen Hocus Pocus and remember the guy who was singing at the Halloween party, that was half of Tora's face. And he wore a twin tail black coat, very similar to Sebastian from Black Butler. Next was Hiroto, he came center stage, tipped his top hat and bowed deeply to the crowed. He looked exactly like his Vampire cosplay for the Wink Up interview last year, only a little darker. Then Shou came out. He was dressed as a General or high ranking military officer, with dark make up. He was pretty hot actually, and even him waving his cane around made it even better. (Just saying)

 First Song: The Arc This was the best way to start a Halloween live. It was amazing, and everyone really got into it. Not too much fanservice, but a lot of head banging, and this is one of my favorite songs from the album, "9". I always enjoy this song, have even been practicing it at karaoke. I can tell that, either Shou or Saga like this song, because they've been performing it all the lives that I've seen this year. So, it wasn't too surprising that they put it on the list. Yes, lots of hair flying, head banging, and screaming. Tora and Hiroto did their guitar solos together in the center of the stage, it is still interesting to see these guys wearing actual Halloween costumes, and watching Shou dance in a military outfit is just.... (^_^) it's love.

  Rainbows: I don't know what to say personally about this, other than, we all know it. xD It was awesome and amazing to watch, more interaction with the members started with this song. Shou danced around, and Hiroto ran to Tora's side of the stage to play with him. Saga walked away from his platform next to Nao, and started showing off to the crowed, but after the first song, the purple blazer was too hot for Saga, so he took it off and rolled up his sleeves. Yes, he was wearing the green vest. I mean classic joker costume. I love this song, and my friends told me that Shou was singing to Tora, but scared his away by going "Boo" to him, and Shou did a good dramatic lean back(?). It was entertaining to watch.

 Drella: Yes, it's not a Halloween live with out the classic, "Drella". I was so happy. I seriously didn't expect this song. So, yes, I was jumping and screaming as loud as possible. I was singing along with Shou, and just headbanging until my next started to hurt. It was amazing to hear this song live. It really was a bonus to all the good things that happened today. The way they played it was awesome, I think I even heard Shou trying to say, "are you ready..", but he was a little muffled. But it was beautiful that all my favorite songs were being played as this live. This song really captured the essence of dark beauty, and the feeling of a classic Vampire flick(NOT TWILIGHT!!!!) for the Halloween live.

 White Prayer: Not my all time favorite, but I have learned to love this song over the years, and hearing it live is always a pleasure. I enjoy it, and how the members perform the older songs, is always a pleasure for the fans, and the members. It's like we are all going back and re-living the memories. Shou was of course amazing, and everyone jumped and danced along. (Okay bare with me, this is were songs will get mixed and miss placed) There was a short MC with Shou. He commented on all the costumes and how great we looked. He mentioned that there were a lot of Alice's and Anime cosplays. (I will say there were a lot of Little Red Riding Hoods too).

 暁: I feel bad for writing this, but I had trouble remembering the name for this song. It took me longer than it should. I knew the song, but not the title. Fail. Anyway, it was performed with such passion and love, that I have to say was better than when they performed in the PV. That is my opinion, but Shou sang with so much passion with this song, it was almost like, "What, is this the same song?". That's probably why it took my awhile to remember the title. (Back in the days when they cosplayed the characters from that German anime xD Golden years I say)

 Eraser: My friends broke down crying, and so did a lot of Japanese fans. One Tora fan, in front of me, just cried the whole time into her towel. It was such a sweet song to go back on. I just watched the girls in front of me comfort each other, and cry through the whole song. I love this song. It's such a happy song, and it makes you feel lighter and at ease. I know my friend said that they were extremely happy to hear it live. And I know Tora and Shou and the rest of the members were happy, and so many feels were felt that night. xD

Kowloon -Nine Heads Rodeo Show-: Another fast paced and heavy song to get people from sobbing happy to growling out and headbanging in a hurry. But yes, I think many of you can start sensing a good theme and pattern with the choice of songs. (Bet you Saga and Shou just picked songs at random xD trolls). But in all seriousness, Akatsuki was for an anime, fans saw similarities of FF with Eraser, and The Arc's lyrics are that of a girl fighting for her life/ similar to an anime. So, Kowloon is one of those good dark songs that would fit with a Halloween themed live. Simply,... so much headbanging and growling.

 Affection: Come on come on come on! Yeah, this was fun. Shou made us do the towel twirl, and lots of jumping. These lives are a major workout. If you see yourself going to an Alice Nine, be prepared to work out. xD I can't say a whole lot for this song, it was fun.

朱い風車: Just like the Count down live, we did the same thing. We all listen to Tora strum on the acoustic guitar and just like the count down it was played the same way. More funk and guitar based than it's original recording. I really like this version of it. We all held hands and started sing the chorus, however, someone ruined the mood. Saga stopped playing with the rest of the band, but he jumped on Nao's drum set and stool a drum stick. He started bothering Nao, and beating on the drum set. This was a song that was to show Alice Nine's fans unity and the power and beauty of what you saw from the Count Down live DVD. That "feeling", was lost a soon as all the fans started laughing instead of singing. Some were singing, but most were laughing. I couldn't help but laugh, and it really lost the emotion that Shou was aiming for with us singing the chorus. But after Saga stopped being a dork, we got back singing and holding hands. It was great and beautiful feeling, of all Alice Nine fans, Japanese and gaijin, hand in hand, and singing the chorus together. I did get a little emotional, while we were singing together.

Daybreak: We pulled out our lights, and Shou pretty much made us sing the song. He sang most of the harder parts, but made us sing the rest. By the way, the whole song is the hard part. I have trouble singing the song, and so does Ashleigh and she's amazing at singing. I sang the parts that I knew, plus the English "I want nothing else, if only you were here!" part. Yeah, the American can sing the only English in the song. orz Another MC with Shou: He kept mentioning anime cosplayers, and him being otaku, he then talked about Shingeki no Kyojin. He then asked if we wanted to hear the theme song.

The Theme song to Shingeki no Kyojin: Opening theme I guess I don't watch the anime, so I don't know the song. But it did sound really good. I know that Alice Nine is having fun. So I say, listen to the theme song, and imagine Shou singing it. I'll let you guys decide. But a lot of the fans were really excited that they decided to do a cover of the song, and perform it for the live. It made me wish I knew more ;^; I'm not that otaku, I guess.

Senkou 閃光: Awesomeness in one song. It was powerful and awesome, and everyone was just so happy and having fun. All the members where getting pumped and Tora was singing along with Shou and the fans. It was the good feel song that brought me back to Alice Nine, and a song I actually knew.

 闇二散ル桜: YES!!!!! YES on so many levels, YES!!!! This was the song I have been waiting for, and I stood there listening to Tora play with his guitar and slowly start the intro to the song. I was breathing heavily and as soon as the intro started, so did my screaming and constant throwing of the hands. I lost control at this song. I was so pleased and excited for this. Halloween live, yami ni chiru sakura needed to be played damn it. I mean, why wouldn't they? The strobe lights were a mix of light pink and deep red. It was so beautiful to watch, and as Shou got to the climax, he fell down to the ground, on one knee, and we all screamed. I was thinking, "NO! THAT'S NOT THE WHOLE SONG, FINISH IT!" And Shou jumped back up and finished the song. I would have cried, because this song was got me to respect Alice Nine more as a band. This song sold me to Alice Nine. This was 5 years ago, when I finally discovered Alice9, and all I remember seeing them being "girly idols", I wasn't sold. But when I finally heard yami ni chiru sakura, I finally told myself, "Yes, this is it. This song." And that was when I sold myself to the devil and gave up my rights a human to be a fangirl forever. You get what I mean, and this song was performed as the "Another version", from the Niji no Yuki single.

G3:  Another Yes song after the great and wonderful Yami ni chiru sakura. I was over the moon by now, and just having a blast. This song, about half way through, Shou stepped off the stage, and trust me, that was when every started screaming and reaching out to touch him. He didn't get far towards me, because fans and fangirls blocked his way, and was getting grabbed at. He kept singing and turned back towards the stage, but stopped to pay a fan a visit and hit them with one of her costume toys, playfully. I missed the magical moment that Hiroto kissed Tora. I was too busy jumping, head banging, and watching Shou, that I missed it. Apperantly there were sparks. I don't know, but it was really magical.


Encore/MC: I can't translate what they talked about, word for word. But Tora and Hiroto came out first, wearing the devil horned towels and the Tees. They talked about costumes and how visual kei it was. I couldn't catch it all. But eventually got to the point of calling out Nao. Nao comes skipping out, and waving his pumpkin wand. Wearing his favorite pumpkin glasses, he pretty much went on talking to Hiroto and Tora. He explained that he was a cat creature, and a very special cat. (Yes he was ;] ) Tora grabbed Nao's black cat tail, and Nao pretended to be hurt. He then started flirting with Tora, and started getting really close with Tora. Almost rubbing on him. It was a moment for all ToraxNao fans, I was seriously cooing out and screaming inside. <333 The love and lust those two have for each other. Tora: "Hiroto, help me!" Tora did feel really uncomfortable, but he was smiling. (You can't hide your love for Nao.) Hiroto just ignored the two for a second, but turned around to find Nao getting all close and flirty. He started laughing, and caught Nao's attention again. Though, Nao changed the subject to the goods.

Nao: "Hiroto, the Tee is cute"

Hiroto: "Oh, that's great".

Nao explained that he plans on wearing it everyday all year round, he did mention that Halloween everyday through out the year. Hiroto was surprised by this, and asked him if he was serious. Nao being Nao said of course, and added, "I'll wear it everyday without washing it". (I love band tees, but that's a bit extreme Nao) Hiroto finally got asked about his costume, and they asked why he didn't have teeth. He then became "shocked", and brought out his fangs from behind the speaker on his side. He put them on, and showed them off to the audience, which everyone cheered and started going "ooo"

Saga came out and asked about his costume, which I heard a few fans that he was the Joker, and he said, "That's right, I'm the Bakatono". Everyone laughed. Shou started sneaking around behind the drum set and stage, and came up behind Saga. "You're the vocalist Shou". He kept calling Saga, Shou. Shou started talking, but I kept watching Saga and Nao, and Saga took a few gulps from a paper cup. Then he started bleeding, and posed as being dead. Which of course we all started laughing, which distracted Shou and he was talking about. He was like, "What? I didn't say anything funny...*turns to find Saga*

Oh..." It was prop blood that Shou was probably wearing as well.  Nao was offered the same cup by Saga, and he was seriously downing the whole cup. Shou asked Nao what he was drinking, and with a full mouth Nao answered, "Coka cora". Everyone started laughing and watched Nao down more from the cup. Shou pretty much commented that he needs to finish everything in the cup because they're staring the encore soon.


Red Carpet Going On: Do I really need to say more. You all can already guess how awesome this was. Fast, head banging, and Saga walking off stage and playing majority of the song in the audience. Which, once more, fans started rushing hope to get a touch of him. He started down the same isle that I was on, but stopped and just made his way the opposite direction away from me. I got back into jumping and listening to the song, and watching the rest of the members on the stage.Hiroto kept kicking and doing a large stomps with his left leg, which I thought looked funny and cool at the same time. Finally, Saga made it to my side again, and so many fans were jumping and dancing with him. He did start walking down towards me, but he only rushed passed me, doing short and fast side ways skips down the isle. xD I didn't reach for him, I was afraid of hitting him actually, but I did get to see him. I was being pushed by my friends in hopes they could touch them, but I held my ground a bit. I didn't want to be pushed onto him. That would have ruined things completely. I believe fans want the members to come out more, and run around in the crowd. Well, if I had been pushed onto him, it would have been the end of that, and they wouldn't come out again for a while, because the red headed gaijin couldn't control herself. Let's just not go there. Let's have safe fun. :)

Heart of Gold: Another fun song to keep the blood pumping, and me singing along with Shou. My voice was wearing out from all the screaming earlier. But I don't care, I pretty much love the song, and keep singing and jumping alone with everyone else. Tora sang along, and Hiroto sang out the "Keep your heart" part. It was great. None of the members did much service, that I could tell. Last was

春夏秋冬 I screamed once more, and hugged my friend. Next to Yami ni chiru sukura, shunkashuuto is my second favorite song. I felt like I would never hear this song live. I believed that Subete E took it's place. I was so happy, I seriously couldn't contain myself. I screamed and so did my friend. We both wanted to hear this song live, and we seriously enjoyed it the best we could. Hiroto went behind Nao, and kissed him one the cheek, while playing with the fake blood. He put some on Nao, and then on himself. Saga, Tora and Shou stayed in the front and we all enjoyed the night's last song. After the song, which I seriously should have cried that I was hearing it live, but not one tear came out, Shou said a few words and thanked us for coming and make this live amazing and fun. After they left the stage, the lights turned back on and everyone was leaving the theater. After the live, each person who came, got a free cookie. Just one cookie, and it has one of the characters on it. It's by random, so you can imagine some fans stood outside and tried trading.

  IMG_1336

I got Chiko, and my friend Alison got Tsuyoshi. Oh well, I guess my luck is back to normal. I feel bad eating it, but I can see this going bad, and I would hate throwing it away. So, I'll probably just eat it. I hate wasting food. xD And that's it for Alice Nine's first Halloween live. It was fun, it was great. There were tears, laughs and blood. :D I hope that they make it into an annual thing. I love dark and heavy songs, heavy rock and metal are my favorite genres, so for me, this was good. This was my kind of a live. ^_^b

-Nihongochick2

No comments:

Post a Comment