Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Daybreak Member Event: Tora

I didn't write an event report on the new Alice Nine single, that was released on March 20th of 2013.
I don't know why, I supposed because my friend was making a video about it, I thought no one would care about me.

But, over time last year, a lot of people told me that it didn't matter, and they wanted to hear from me anyways, I have been writing event reports since then.

So, let me start with Daybreak

So, Alice Nine released three consecutive singles in three months. Daybreak was March, Shadowplay was April, and Shooting Star was May. I will post my reports on those events after this one. 

So, on with what happened. 

So, my friend and I totally forgot to pre-order our copy of the single at Tower Records, but we got the chance to still get a ticket to meet Tora, who is the rhythm guitarist of Alice Nine. However, our ticket numbers were dead last, for the first round. My friend got to meet him twice, I wasn't that big of a fan of his, and had personal issues to work out towards this man, and I only met him once. And he was the first member for me to meet for the very first time. 
I have been a fan of Alice Nine for 5 years now, and was seriously excited to meet them. However, last year my Japanese was meh, and I was way over my head to handle meeting my favourite rock band. And to be completely honest, I didn't like Tora at the time, so I wasn't too keen on meeting him. However, him still being in the band, and me loving the band, I was thinking, 

"Okay, let me meet him and get it out of the way." (Advice: Don't meet anyone thinking that way)

So, once we got to Tower Records, where the signing event was taking place, we waited in line, and waited some more for the man of the hour to come on stage and introduce everything. 
And he did, he came out, and did a little introduction. However, we were left to wait for over  an hour to get up to him and have him sign our CD jackets. Not even the CD, just the jacket. 

By the time it was my friend and my turn to go up and talk to Tora, I got nervous and scared. I saw my friend just stare the man down, and talk to him like she was insistent that he listen to her. Which, all I saw was him lean back in his chair and act like, "I'm too cool for school", which pissed me off, but I noticed that my friend didn't care. 

We are both from America, and we are both trying to speak Japanese as our second language. However, this was NOT her first time meeting him. So, she is a little more prepared to meet him, as for this was my first time meeting anyone. 
After my friend left, it was my turn. I was nervous and when I am nervous I do things, and those things can end up being anything. 

I greeted him, "こんにちは," *as I wave my hand out in the open* 
His response, "ありがとう" (Thank you) and that was all he said.
To me, this ended the conversation as soon as it started, leaving me thinking, "Ugh, okay. Well I guess I'll watch you sign my jacket." and watched I did. I watched him sign it as slowly as he could, took a moment, to give me a chance to say something else, but stupid me I was too nervous I didn't. So, he just made a little grunt, and finished signing the jacket, and handed it back to me. My response?

*giggles* ありがとうございました!(Thank you very much)
And the staff shoved me off the stage, which my reflex was to snap back, but I remembered where I was. 


I was done with the event after that, and was forced to wait outside. And that's the end of the first time meeting Tora. But let me tell you this, I have had a little over a year of experience meeting and interacting with this man. You will notice my feelings for him change over time. 

-Nihongochick2


No comments:

Post a Comment