Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Alice Nine: SHINING SIGNING EVENT

PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST OR STEAL MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. STEALING AINT COOL YO! IF YOU WISH TO TRANSLATE OR RE-POST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE POSTING THIS ON MY OWN TUMBLR, TWITTER, AND OTHER SOCIAL WEBSITES AROUND. PLEASE AND THANK YOU

* [ ] = my inner thoughts and commentary
* ( ) = translations

 So, I'm gonna skip to the part when the event started. Since you don't really need to know what happened earlier. (I woke up, got dressed, blah blah) But I guess it is good to know that I was wearing Nao's FC shirt to this event, because I had a problem with another shirt, so I was left with Tsuyoshi. Not that I'm complaining but I had another outfit in mind. But the Tsuyoshi shirt does  have a part in my story Okay, now for the good parts. I met up with Ashleigh(Pandomi) and our Japanese friend, and we made it to the event building and go in line for the first hour. Shou and Saga. All three of us got into Shou's line first, because I wasn't too sure what I wanted Saga to sign yet, so I was holding back a bit. Waiting in line, and getting our personal items ready, so we can give them to the staff, tell the staff where we want the members to sign, and just make our way through the line quickly. Won't lie, Shou's line was massive compared to Saga's, which barely had any people in it. [ ugggh, I so regret not going to meet Saga during the first hour] I had my kanji textbook out, which the staff was worried that I was studying and not paying attention to the event. Or so Ashleigh thought.

IMG_1677IMG_1679
It's upside down and not on the page I told the staff where I wanted it.

  IMG_1505

So, Shou signed my Kanji Textbook. What happened between the line and after the signing? Well, this is what happened, and I'm now cringing at the moment and how awkward it was. It wasn't my fault, or I don't think it was. We all know that Shou has been practicing and studying English. Me being American, what a great opportunity to help him practice. Since last year at the SHADOWPLAY poster event he tried practicing with me, but I just completely wasn't prepared or ready, let alone told he was going to speak English. So, I walked in seeing Staff fuss over the textbook [ I didn't know why, but later I figure it out] and Shou is starting to sign. "Hello", I said expecting him to look up and just smile and try responding in simple English. Yeah, that didn't happen. Shou froze and stared at my book like a deer caught in the headlights look. "ugh,....konnichiwa" as he started handing my book back to me. Wow. Just wow. Okay, so I switched over to Japanese. But let me comment here. I seriously thought I broke him. Who knew a simple English greeting would break the "Prince Charming" of Alice Nine. And for that, I'm sorry. But, if there is a next time that I get to meet him, and I speak Japanese and he speaks English I am going to get frustrated. I'll just tell him. "NO! NO! NIHONGO DE!" (Speak in Japanese)

Some of you are probably sitting at your computers going, "Awe, poor Shou-kun, he's so cute", or thinking, "awe, I want him to get a little flustered when I speak English to him". As someone who deals with this a lot, trust me, it gets old very very very quickly! >.<

After the moment of awkwardness, I told him "I like the new single, and I love Kurayami", which he then started smiling in relief that I may be speaking Japanese to him, but he was smiling and he said thank you. "Kurayami!" and gave me a thumbs up. I gave him a thumbs up back, and walked out. I am sorry, he may be "Prince Charming", but he is awkward as fuuuuuucccck  >.<

The next person for me was, *drum roll* NAO-CHAN!!! So, this wasn't actually my own personal item, but I asked Ashleigh if it was okay that I helped her get a CD signed for her. She allowed me, and so I was getting a CD jacket signed. As the two of us got in line, and Ashleigh's Japanese friend went off to meet with another friend, we both waited in Nao's line. I was more nervous meeting Shou, than I was for Nao. And the whole time I was trying to keep calm and breath, and tying to figure out what to say. Ashleigh, and many of my friend's advice was, "tell him you love him." And every time they told me that, I would cringe on the inside at how stupid that sounded. To me in English, the "L" word isn't something you say simply to the person you like or admire, right? I know to Nao, he doesn't care, but to me I do, and trust me, this didn't quite work out the way I thought. Ashleigh went first, saying she'll tell him that I'm coming in after her. I saw her saying it, but she added more than she told me. "She's your number 1 fan, and she's coming after me." Nao smiled and looked at Ashleigh and whispered, "待ちます" (I'll be waiting).

So, I handed the CD jacket to the staff and waited my turn. I watched Ashleigh and Nao talk actually, they made me wait inside the cubical area, which is kind of weird since I thought we were meant to allow fans some privacy to the member. And as soon as it was my turn, I said hello in Japanese, and he said hello back in Japanese and asked me where I wanted him to sign it. Seriously, I had nothing to say, I drew a blank of what to say, I wanted to say I like the new single, and I believe I actually did say that, since he said thank you in Japanese. But, then I took a gulp and said, "I love You", at that moment I cringed inside and seriously wanted slap myself for saying that.

[Why would you say that? What is going through your head? Just why?]

Nao's answer to my "confession" was, "サンキュー"(slang and informal way of saying, Thanks) without even looking up. Which trust me, did exactly what I wanted to do to myself, and slap my face.

It's whatever, and I'm trying really hard not to over think it. So, I'll move on. After he was done signing he looked up finally and with both hands handed the jacket back, and smiled his cute smile, and started talking about the new album. He said that there will be something really exciting coming out with the album, so please look forward to it." Just so happy and over joyed that he was looking at me, I smiled stupidly and nodded my head, and responded back saying, "yes, I can't wait." Which he then said thanks and waved me good bye.

 I walked out and was about to run to catch up with Ashleigh so I could tell her what happened, but I was just smiling like a girl in love. xD I'm so helpless.

And the while I got in line to meet Hiroto next, I just couldn't stop smiling. No, I didn't cry and I personally don't think I will, because I'm too happy to cry. It's like my heart has been released from a cage, and I'm allowed freedom finally. I have met him once, and I have no regrets, except for the love confession bit. It was a long wait to meet Hiroto, so Ashleigh and I spent the whole time talk and making our ways through the line. Ashleigh went first, and she was getting her トレカalbum(trading card album) signed, and it's mostly of Hiroto. I understand how she was nervous showing him that, because she has a lot of his cards, as for me, I have a small collection compared to hers, but I still have a few cards of Nao, and it's still growing. He was really happy to look through it, and in fact most of the members took their time to look through the personal items that fans brought in.

Again, I was waiting near by, and was able to watch Hiroto look through my friend's album and it was really cute to see him be in awe over it. He looked through each page and made comments on certain cards that he noticed. So I was getting my one and only red electric Squire Fender guitar signed by Hiroto and Tora. And what does Hiroto have in his lap, his own guitar xD hahaha I thought it was weird, and Ashleigh was like, "But he doesn't feel comfortable without a guitar with him." Okay, I did question it, but we'll move forward. I still found it weird. So, I told the staff where I want it signed, on the white pick guard, and please be careful with handling it. The staff asked me something, and I just told them, just be careful but it's okay. The Staff placed my guitar gently in front of Hiroto and he was just in awe.

"Oh!" He reacted and his eyes looked like they lit up with excitement. I was so happy to see him smile and get excited from seeing a guitar. He asked me where I wanted it signed. "ここに” ("Here" *pointed to the white part*) "白?"( "the white?" *Hiroto pointed at my guitar*) I nodded my head and asked him please do. He smiled and was still in awe with my guitar, and he was starting to ask me questions that flew over my head and I tried my best to keep up. This is what I expected him to do. I expected him to sign it, and then hand it back to me. Nope. He took his own guitar off his lap, and my thinking was maybe he doesn't want them to hit each other. He handed his guitar over, which a staff member took hold of his newer white guitar, and he picked up my red guitar and started playing.

Me: "あれ?" ("huh?" *standing in shock and actually getting a little possessive of my guitar*) And I was thinking, "No! It's not in tune!", but I was in too much shock to tell him that. He continued to play with my guitar and even started stroking it. o.0

"いいですか?" ("is it okay?" *Hiroto nods his head*) "本当?" ("Really?" )
 Hiroto: ”いいよ” ("it's fine" Hiroto started strumming and picking at my guitar again) He really liked my guitar, and was so happy to sign it. Again he asked me a question that I couldn't get, and I answered, "ちょっと..."(depending on how you read the moment, it can mean a little, or "sort of...no") which made Hiroto and all the staff laugh. Which, I have to say, I'm okay with looking stupid at that moment, as long as it got me out of there. But, I did want to stand and keep talking to him, and engage in conversation over my guitar, but I knew there was a lot of fans waiting. But Hiroto didn't care, he gave every single fan more than plenty of time to talk. So, not only did I get Hiroto to sign my guitar, but he played my guitar too. But then again, it's like giving a chocoholic chocolate. Duh they're gonna love it. xD IMG_1506

 Next was Tora. And after making my way through the line, Ashleigh went first, and I was after her. I handed my guitar over, and the staff started complimenting my guitar. "it's really pretty", I was like okay thanks, but I want him to sign here. The staff understood and handing it over and placed in front of Tora. I shit you not, Tora was just as excited to get my guitar as Hiroto was. "Wow, what a nice guitar!" He was seriously checking out my guitar.

 [^////^ I feel like maybe I was pimping off my guitar to these guys. ]

 And was just looking it over, and noticed how clean it was, and how nice it looked, or where he was going to sign. He didn't know that it was my guitar yet, but I could tell he wanted my guitar. He seriously wanted to meet the person who owned this guitar. Much to his amusement, amazement, or disappointment, I walk up to him and say "こんにちは" (Hello). He looked at me with a smile and said hi back.

[that's a first for me, he always says, いつもありがとう(thanks always) as a greeting. I really should know better next time. I was getting guitarists to sign my guitar, but didn't think they would start drooling over it.]

 Besides, what my mom told me when she gave me this guitar that a Squire is the perfect beginners level electric guitar, what is so damn special about this guitar? It's known as a low quality guitar. I don't get it.

[ It's not that great of guitar let me just put it that way ]

 Anyway, Tora looked at me like, "please explain your guitar to me." Me? Yeah, totally didn't want to tell him because I knew I didn't have much time. I'll try next time, but there were a lot of fans outside. So, he asked me where I wanted him to sign it, and I pointed to the corner [ please look at Picture for reference*] and said, "here". He pointed too, and I said, "yes please." He then responded with, "オッケー" (cute way for Japanese kids to say, "okay") and started signing. I then started telling him that I like the new single, which he stopped looked at me and with a smug smile and said "ありがとう" ("thanks"), and looked down to finish signing. After he was done, I hurried to tell him that I look forward to the upcoming lives. He then said, "では待った"("until then I'll be waiting"), and we both waved bye.

 [xD Just a thought, maybe he was trying to pick me up and be like, "I like you, let's date!" I'm kidding, but it's rare for Tora to treat non-Tora fans fondly. I don't know, the truth was that Tora was in a really good mood that day, so let's take that as the reason he was being nice to me ^.~b JOKES! I LIKE JOKES PLEASE DON'T KILL ME]

 Nao: Part 2 This was going to be my second time meeting Nao, and have him sign something for me.

IMG_1504

[ Hopefully all Tora fans will know that I like Nao, and will not make a move on your boy >.< I promise]

 I stood in line, and despite Nao's line being short, it took a long time to get through, because the members were giving everyone plenty of time, except for Shou. Sadly, he had too many fans, that they were pushed through. And as I got to the front of the line, I showed the staff my トレカアルバム(Trading Card Album), and pointed to where I wanted it signed. The woman understood and handed it over to another staff woman. I was nervous, of course! >.< Afraid what he would think of my small collection. I watched Nao talk to a girl who asked him to sign his name in "romanji" (ex. Nao) and then to do his regular signature. He was happy to please her, and grant her wish. He was so cute and attractive, I seriously have no idea how I was able to survive the next 30-60 seconds with him, but I did. I feel like it was longer than that, but still not long enough. He waved the girl good bye, and the staff gave him my album, and he picked up and was like, "oh! Wow, so cool."(in Japanese). He was flipping through the first page and that's when I walked up to him. "ただいま" (I'm back). He looked up at me, and was shocked even more.

"おお、二回帰りました" (You're coming back for a second time) and like a kid he looked down at my album and back up at me, and smiled.

"すごい、すごい!” 
"GOOD!" Yeah, he broke out his Engrish, and started saying, "Good", "wondafaru". And he was pretty pleased with it. I seriously couldn't answer I was laughing too much. He was just so cute and too much.

[Pause* by this time, I got a little hot, so I unzipped my hooded jacket, which does show off my Tsuyoshi Tee]

 He looked through it, and was just so amazed, and I said, "seriously, I like you." in Japanese. He may or may not have caught that, since it did softly say it and was cut off a bit, but it's fine. I seriously don't care. He kept looking through all my trading cards and stickers of Tsuyoshi, he even flipped very quickly through Tora's page. I did gasp when that happened, but he then closed it back to the front page, and got ready to sign it. He asked me where to sign it, and I said there, on the inside front cover. And I was about to say something else, but he kept telling me over and over again, "GOOD", "VERY GOOD" xD hahaha And when he was done signing, he stopped and had this look of, "I thought I saw something", and went back to look at the page with my three Tora cards. He looked at them, and then back at me. I then, over dramatically like the drama queen I am, stepped back and covered my eyes and yelled out. "ああ、だめですね!恥ずかしい!" (Aa!, not good. This is embarrassing!") Which, I could hear him say,

"いや、いいよ!"( "No, it's fine.").

 I started laughing smiling and he smiled back at me and gave me this really kind and gentle look. He looked happy to see me again, and then he saw me off, buy waving bye, and I did the same. I personally feel like that was a lot better than the first time. Even though I did break out my over dramatic acting skills, but it was a lot more fun than the first time. I have no idea what his expression was when I covered my eyes, but I'm sure he was amused, that I just started doing that. I am now laughing at my stupidity. Wow. hahaha

 Last, but not least, Saga. Saga was the last, and definitely the quickest. I had him sign my guitar. It took a long time for him to come out for the last hour run through, and I was being pushed out. He was tired and I could tell he was still doing his best. I feel bad that I waited so long to meet him, and so I told him, I like the new single and I am going to the all Girls live. He said thank you, and told me, "待っている"("I'm waiting") and I was pushed out and my guitar was shoved into my hands. And that was it.

  The end. It was a lot of fun, and trust me, I may have made it more interesting for Nao and Hiroto xD hahahaha I do want to meet Nao again. But if this would be my last chance and time to meet him, I have no regrets. xD hahaha not even my oscar winning performance. Gee, I'm so weird. Even Ashleigh mentioned that. "He's probably really happy to have really interesting fans." And that's putting it lightly. Okay, I've written a lot, and I have homework. I hope you liked my re-telling/ report on the event.

-Nihongochick2

No comments:

Post a Comment